Creating a PWA Site is different in Project Server 2016.
Project Server 2016 is now included in SharePoint Server 2016 installation. There is no additional setup anymore.
- Create the Project Server Service Application in Central Administration.
- Enable Project Server License with PowerShell
You can use the 180 Day Trial key:Y2WC2-K7NFX-KWCVC-T4Q8P-4RG9W
- Create a sitecollection for pwa
User PowerShell to enable the pwasite features
Enable-SPFeature pwasite -Url http://yourSiteCollectionUrl
What I found is that this activated the PWA Settings but did not change anything in the sitecollection. All the PWA functionality is still missing:
Because of this I created a PWA site from scatch. You can do this also only with PowerShell.
I deleted the root site collection /
- Fire this PowerShell command: New-SPSite http://ps2016/pwa -ContentDatabase “pwa_Content_DB” -OwnerAlias test\sp_install -Name “PWA 2016” -Template “pwa#0”
- The it looks a bit better (greener, then):
- Again in PowerShell:
Enable-SPFeature pwasite -Url http://ps2016/pwa